- Estate and Tax Planning
- Trust, Estate and Probate Administration
- Probate Law and Will Contests
- Family Business and Succession Planning
- Trusts for the Beneficiary with Special Considerations
- Charitable Giving
- Special Trusts for Disabled Beneficiaries
- Estate and Gift Tax Return Preparation
Kelly Aylward works with individuals, families, and small business owners to design and implement comprehensive and tax-efficient estate and business succession planning that meets the goals of her clients. This allows them the freedom to enjoy their wealth during their lifetime while planning for the administration of their assets upon death or incapacity. As part of her practice, Kelly often assists families in navigating the complex estate, trust, and tax issues that arise from the loss of a family member.
Prior to joining Bove & Langa, P.C., Kelly was an associate attorney for a Wellesley, Massachusetts, trusts and estates firm. She also provided pro bono advocacy and legal services to low-income individuals in the areas of estate planning, family law, and housing. In addition to practicing law, Kelly owned and operated a commercial photography business in Chicago, Illinois, and Boston.
Organization of family limited liability companies (FLLCs) and implementation of subsequent gifting of FLLC membership interests to future generations in a way that minimizes estate, gift, and generation skipping transfer tax exposure.
- Estate and asset transfer planning for
clients of all levels of wealth
Use of so-called defective grantor trusts and sales of assets thereto for purposes of minimizing estate tax exposure.
Creation of family foundations and guidance to clients involved regarding the formulation and implementation of family grant-making programs.
Preparation of complex estate tax return involving multiple FLLCs, underlying family businesses, and individual beneficiaries.
Design and implementation of estate planning trusts designed to protect trust property from the creditors of the trust beneficiaries to pass wealth to future generations.
Preparation of complex gift tax returns involving sales of FLLC and family limited partnership interests which involve discounted fair market values of purchased interests.
Boston Bar Association,
Trusts and Estates Section Estate Planning Fundamentals Committee co-Chair July 2009 - present; Trusts and Estates Section CLE Committee co-Chair May 2007 - June 2009; Trusts and Estates Section Member 2004 - present.
Boston Estate Planning Council ("BEPC"),
Member Roundtables Committee Vice Chair July 2009 - present; Young Professional Alliance Committee Chair February 2008 - June 2009, Member September 2006 - February 2008; Membership Involvement Committee Member September 2006 - June 2008
Young Professional Alliance,
Board of Directors September 2006 - July 2009
American Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Recognized by Law and Politics as a "Rising Star" - one of New England's top attorneys practicing in the area of estate planning who is under the age of 40.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston: Member
- The Trustees of Reservations, Massachusetts: Member
- Boston University School of Law - LL.M., Graduate Tax Program, 2006
- Suffolk University Law School - J.D., 2004
- University of Missouri, Columbia, MO.
- B.F.A., 1998
- Massachusetts Bar, 2004
- United States Tax Court, 2006